QSR Jasper, GA is looking for Press Operators to monitor and operate the press along with repeated inspections of the molded product to ensure the optimal process is maintained to produce the highest quality of parts while production expectations are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors assigned area for any safety issues that may arise.
- Reports any barriers that may jeopardize Safety, Quality, and / or Production.
- Troubleshoots molding issues as necessary to meet expectations.
- Exhibits good housekeeping at all times.
- Operate the press in a safe, efficient manner.
- Check parts while unloading and between heats.
- Place good direct ship parts in boxes on pallets and place good parts that aren’t direct ship in tubs and set on floor.
- Keep material and parts protected and covered at all times.
- Follow the Process Sheet (along with special instructions) and conduct process checks as required.
- Communicate with previous and following operator on press operation.
- Place tickets in tubs and boxes for batch control.
- Check temperature, tonnage, and cure time at least once per shift, per process sheet.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and on time which includes 2 hour production checks, scrap, downtime and process checks
- Communicate all issues to Line Leads and Supervisors
- Clean up work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Ability to push/pull/lift/carry varying weights of material and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Aware and understand QSR Quality policy and IATF 16949 work instructions.
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Satisfactory completion of Operator training program
- Must be capable of pushing / pulling a mold from the press safely; or without potential harm to the tooling and/or equipment associated with the molding operation.
- Must be capable of wearing all PPE associated with the job function
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to move and push items when needed
- Able to walk and stand for most of workday
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most activity is within the plant, exposed to moderate to high noise level, heat and humidity.
- All employees will be provided training on working safely, evacuation procedures, accident reporting and any other safety items such as PPE the company feels necessary to ensure and maintain a safe work environment free from hazards to the employee.
- If at any time you feel unsafe or recognize an unsafe practice, it is your responsibility to report it immediately to your supervisor.
Salary Range: $16.39 – $19.11 with potential of making up to $21.75 if achieve Master positions.