Job Title: Press Utility
Department: Press Line
Author: Chris Baggett
Date: August 15, 1996
Revision: February 11, 1998
All the jobs of the material handler shall support the press line both directly and indirectly.
Everything he does will improve the value of the product manufactured.
- Supply material to the press line.
- Move full pallets or direct ship to finishing.
- Empty dumpsters.
- Make boxes for the press line.
- Take parts in tubs from press line to tumbling area.
- Safe lift truck operation.
- Log rubber in and out in cold room.
- Inform supervisor of stock supply.
- Complete assigned breaks as required.
- Inform stock cutters of near-empty pallets on pre-cut material.
- Go to lab to get tickets for rubber so he can bring the rubber to the line.
- Be able to stand for eight hours per day.
- Be able to climb on and off the lift truck 50 times a day.
- Be able to lift tubs of parts weighing 50 lbs. each.
- Use hand trucks to transport parts to finishing.
- Be able to operate presses
Refer to Quality Training Matrix
TOOL, EQUIPMENT, AND MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift truck
- Hand truck
- Personal protective equipment
SAFETY AND SECURITY REQUIREMENTS:
Follow plant safety rules